The Murzan TUS (Tote Unloading System) has been successfully used for over thirty years in unloading highly viscous products from totes and bins. These 300-gallon totes can be made of wood, plastic, or cardboard.
The TUS is operated through a PLC (programmable logic controller), with electro-pneumatic controls, contained in a NEMA 4X panel.
The TUS consists of two, T-316L stainless steel, double suction, sanitary Murzan PI50 diaphragm pumps. These pumps are mounted on stainless steel base and fitted with a food grade wiper that scrapes the inside of the container as it is emptied. A polished T-304 stainless steel frame supports the pumps and base. The system is equipped with four air cylinders, which lift the pumps and base out of the container once it is empty. All pneumatic/electric controls are contained in a NEMA 4X stainless steel control panel.
Capacities up to 35 gallons per minute may be achieved, depending on the specific gravity, viscosity and consistency of the product and the total dynamic head (TDH) of the system.
The operation of the system is very simple. With the tote or bin in place, the compressed air in the bottom of the cylinders is released, and the pumps are lowered into the bin. As the product is pumped out of the container, the pumps and base plate float down with the level of the product remaining in the container. Once the container is empty, air is directed back into the bottom of the air cylinders and the pumps are lifted out.
- Empties 300 gallons of the heaviest and most viscous products, such as 33° Brix Tomato Paste in less than 12 minutes without adding any water.
- Easy to clean CIP-ABLE.
- Works with or without plastic liners or aseptic bags.
- The TUS reduces your total unloading time and labor requirements.
- Completely sanitary, hands-off method of bin unloading.
- 3A Components, USDA listed.
- Unit is offered with optional metering capabilities.
- Customize the unit to the shape of your containers.
More Product Information
Industries Product Can Be Used In
- Meat & Poultry
- Tomato Paste Concentrate
- Chocolate & Vanilla Fudge
- Fruit Mermalades
- Mechanical Deboned Meat
- Vegetable Concentrate
- Peanut Butter
- High Viscous Product
- Technical Data: Stainless Steel 316L Non-Porous Wetted Parts, Electro-Pneumatic controls
- Certificates/Standards: USDA, FDA, EHEDG
- Options: 4” outlet; CIP Capable; Mobile; Various Diaphragms, Gaskets, and Check Valve Types; Customizable