The Murzan DUS (Drum Unloading System) is the ultimate drum unloading solution for emptying the most viscous materials from various types of containers. The containers can be made of metal, plastic, or fiber.
The DUS will reduce your total unloading time and labor requirements.
The DUS is made up of 100% Stainless Steel materials, including the frame and cylinders. The unit is provided with a NEMA 4X control panel that contains all the pneumatic components.
The Murzan DUS Drum Unloading System utilizes a T-316L stainless steel, sanitary Double-Suction Murzan Diaphragm pump. This pump is mounted on a stainless steel follower plate and is fitted with a food-grade scraper ring, which scrapes the inside of the drum or container as it is emptied. A frame constructed of T-304 stainless steel supports the pump and base. The system is equipped with two air cylinders, which lift the pump and base out of the drum or container once it is empty. Sanitary casters are installed for portability to allow use in different unloading areas. A NEMA 4X stainless steel control panel is supplied with this unit.
The operation of the system is very simple. With the container in place, the compressed air in the bottom of the air cylinders is released, and the pump is lowered into the container. The pump and base plate will float on the surface of the product. As the product is pumped out of the container, the pump and base plate travel down into the drum wiping the wall of the drum. Once the container is empty, air is directed back into the bottom of the air cylinders and the pump is lifted out.
Capacities up to 60 gallons per minute may be achieved, depending on the specific gravity, viscosity, consistency of the product, and the total dynamic head (TDH) of the application.
- The Murzan DUS Empties containers full of the heaviest and most viscous products, such as 33° Brix tomato paste, in less than 3 minutes, without adding water.
- Unloads containers with or without liners or aseptic bags.
- Provides completely sanitary, hands-off method of container unloading.
- The DUS reduces your total unloading time and labor requirements.
- Simultaneously meters or weighs product during unloading, if desired.
- Fully portable or stationary.
- Is designed for CIP capability.
More Product Information
Industries Product Can Be Used In
- Tomato Paste Concentrate
- Peanut Butter
- Ice Cream Variegates
- Chocolate & Vanilla Fudge
- Raw Honey
- Corn Syrup
- Soup Bases (Bone stock)
- Petrolatum “Vaseline”
- Creams & Ointments; “Baby Rash Creams”
- Magnesium Hydroxide
- Fruit Concentrates
- Technical Data: Stainless Steel 316L Non-Porous Wetted Parts, Pneumatic Operated
- Certificates/Standards: USDA, FDA, EHEDG, 3-A
- Options: 2”, 3”, 4” inlet/outlet; Large Chamber; CIP Capable; Mobility; swivel base (allows to recoup expensive product or remove remnant cleaning solutions); Various Diaphragms, Gaskets, and Check Valve Types; Customizable